Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Did I just make that up?

EK: "Should we keep a ledger? Like, of expenses? We will call it the Heath Ledger."
SL: "Like a Heath Bar. Wait, did I just make that up? Is there such a thing as a Heath Bar?"
EK: "Yeah, there's such a thing. It's a candy bar."
SL: "Oh, ha ha ha ha. I've never had one. Let's get a Heath Bar!"

We've arrived in Dillon, Montana, to stay with A and D, our friends in fun and adventure. During our first day of driving, we: threaded our way through two adorable fawns that were crossing the goddamn interstate; survived God's armpit (aka the "tri-cities," aka the "tenth-best western U.S. cities that are more than twins"); experienced a traffic jam in rural northern Idaho; and lost our keys (ahem, me, I did, goddamn myself). Truly an adventure!

Now: I'm going for a hike with D, up a hill with a letter on it. I think the letter is W. Every hill in Montana and Idaho has a letter on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment