Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Virginia City, MT

We went to Virginia City, Montana, yesterday evening. On the way, Dave regaled us with stories of VC's history, and the highwaymen who terrorized its citizens. After disembarking from the Pious, we roamed the street of the city, which is at 5800 feet in elevation. It's pretty adorable, all wooden boardwalks and friendly people. The permanent population, according to a few residents I cornered, is now ~150. In the summer. Here's Amie, myself, and Sarah, in front of our respective dream houses:



I think I might actually like Amie's the best, but I'd take the middle house. Amie then has to entertain us all on her beautiful porch.

We watched the Brewery Follies in an old brewery that served a prohibition-era lager originally made at the brewery. They were charming and cute, and afterward we went out to a bar where the cast (all four of them) apparently hang out. The crew of us danced like this:



Yes we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment